Provides support to the Shipping department. This position requires the ability to build rapport with other departments and vendors. Must ensure the successful and accurate completion of assigned tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other responsibilities may be assigned):
- Assists Shipping team with order processing (data entry), shipments, and invoicing.
- Maintaining internal files and documentation
- Communicates and interacts effectively with peers, management, external guests, vendors, visitors, and contacts at all levels of the organization.
- Maintains confidentiality when exposed to company proprietary and company strategic information that must not be divulged.
- Provides information to consumers who call in.
- Other projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two to four years of shipping support or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write routine and non-routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to peers, managers, customers, vendors and clients. Excellent customer service skills. Excellent telephone skills. Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills. Excellent spelling, grammar, and proof-reading skills.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variable in situation where only limited standardization exists. Ability to prioritize. Good time management skills. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Ability to work under minimal supervision and resolve issues based on project/ company standards with verification of facts prior to releasing documents to outside sources
- OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Ability to handle multiple projects and maintain a high degree of responsibility and confidentiality at all times. . Strong attention to detail while maintaining consistent workflow and meeting all deadlines. Ability to quickly absorb new information and build on newly acquired skills. Proficient in computer skills and applications such as Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Power Point). Working knowledge of EDI/ERP systems, warehousing or inventory software, Fishbowl, or QuickBooks is a plus.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
- Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Word: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)