When you're on the go:
- Don’t go anywhere without your GoClip® personal mosquito repellent– especially at dawn and dusk. These are peak mosquito hours.
- When practical, wear long sleeves and pants.
When you're sitting outdoors:
- Drain stagnant water from your backyard or neighborhood. This includes gutters, planters, toys, wheelbarrows and old tires – anywhere water can collect. Stagnant water acts as a breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- Mow your lawns regularly and trim tall weeds. Mosquitoes like to hide in tall grasses.
- Use the Mosquito Repellent DecoShield® Lantern to keep mosquitoes away.
- Clean bird baths regularly.
- If you have a rain barrel, keep it covered and sealed.
- Maintain swimming pools and keep them clean.
- Plant some mosquito-repelling herbs such as basil, catnip, lemon balm, rosemary and peppermint; and flowers that have a repellent effect such as geranium, lavender, marigold and pennyroyal.